According to Harvard Health Publishing, testosterone is the major sex hormone in males that plays several important roles, such as the development of the penis and testes, muscle size and strength, bone growth and strength, sperm production, among others. As men age, their testosterone levels decrease, and this may result in loss of muscle mass, low libido, poor concentration, and depression.
It is preferable to increase your testosterone levels naturally. Here are some dos and don’ts:
- Do not overtrain. Compound training like doing deadlifts, squats, or lifting heavy weights every day can wear your body down. Your body needs to rest and recover for your testosterone to get optimized. Avoid doing too much training too fast.
- Do not get stressed out. Studies show that stress can cause men to produce lower testosterone levels when stress is potent and unresolved.
- Do not drink too much alcohol. Heavy alcohol consumption can lower your testosterone levels and impair fertility.
- Manage your soy intake. The devil is in the dose. A healthy serving of soy or soy protein will not alter your viable testosterone levels. According to Marie Spano, MS, RD, a board-certified sports dietician for the Atlanta Falcons, a recent clinical trial found that 22 grams per day of a soy-dairy protein supplement for three months did not alter testosterone in young men doing resistance training.
- Get enough sleep. The majority of the daily testosterone release in men occurs during sleep. Make sure you are getting at least seven (7) hours of sleep every night.
- Find ways to relax. You can either meditate, go for a nature walk, or read a book. Release stress and tension every day and your body will thank you for it.
- Try a higher fat diet. Consuming omega fish oil, eggs, avocadoes, or any fatty fish can increase your testosterone levels.
- Get vitamin D either by taking an early morning stroll to get some sun or take vitamin D supplements. 3000 IU is a good dose to boost your testosterone levels.
- Frequent sexual activity with your partner. After coitus, testosterone production is increased in the male body.
Follow the above mentioned tips and tricks if you want to boost your testosterone levels naturally. Don’t opt for testosterone boosters as these have been studied to have many side effects and have also been linked to pulmonary oil micro embolism, a blood clot in the lung that can be fatal.
Want to know more tips on how you can improve your life? Drop me a message with the word “IMPROVE” and I’ll find out how I can help.